Sunday, June 13, 2010

I ment to post this yesterday....so pretend it is yesterday..




Today was pretty eventful—

This morning at nine I met the churches ‘nature club’ in the church parking lot. (mostly consisting of families with young children and a few others) Then we piled into cars and headed 30 miles down the road to go canoeing/kayaking in the canal.

It was a pretty good time. If you know me you know I do not have a competitive bone in my body except when it comes to academics or canoeing. I had to control my irrational need to canoe really fast. But it was great. The canal was super call, it was perfect outside, ect. It was a good opportunity to get to know some other members of the church as well.

Then I headed back home for lunch and at 2pm. I headed to NYC for the first time with two families from the church.

It was a great low stress introduction to the city. Not as intimidating or crazy as I would have thought. But I guess I did not see a whole lot, but enough for today 

I got the lowdown on a lot of stuff that we saw from one of the men, a new york native, who was with us. It was really interesting. Especially to hear about 9/11, I realized being 11 years old when it happened I missed thinking about the big picture of what really happened.

It is hard to be alone some where new, especially when you know you are only there for 10 weeks. But I have been really blessed by the hospitality and willingness to let me tag along with them of the people at RCPH.


The top picture is were the World Trade Centers used to stand

The second is three little NYC tourists from RCHP (Noah, Ana, and Josie) siting on top of a beatiful recreation of the Irish country side, a memorial to the Irish potato famine.

No comments:

Post a Comment