This past week we have been on our work trip.
Things were crazy, fast, unorganized, but turned out 100xs better than I had planned.
We went to Newark, NJ for the week to serve with Safe Haven Ministries at Trinity Reformed Church which is run by a guy named Danny Iverson.
There were four youth who went on the trip and then about four or five adults who came for either one day or every day.
At the church there were two other youth group on the trip with us. Both from Virginia, which was random.
In the mornings we worked on work projects. Which in our case was getting two houses that were just purchased by RCHP's Affordable Housing Corp. for young men involved in the justice system. ( http://www.helpinghomes.org/ ). We cleaned, and cleaned and cleaned the houses to get ready for the young men to move in in the next few weeks. Then on Wends. we traveled around NJ picking up donated furniture and bringing back in to the houses. ( props. to the guys who helped us carry super heavy stuff to the third floor :)
In the afternoon's we helped with a VBS ish program that the church runs. Trinity in the in Inner city in Newark.
It was a pretty hard week for me. And if I could write what I really want to I would do a lot of a complaining and analysing. But if I am learning anything it is that God works in situations even when I see flaws in the opperation and organization. So rather than complaining. Or anaylsing theology. I'm was just amazed at how God can work. Connect people, and force people out of where they may have seen them selves.
I'm glad I had the opperuntity to go. I'm glad things were messy and unorganized, I think anyway.
-Michelle

No comments:
Post a Comment