The Carnival, which I was suuuuppperrr nervous about by the way, went GREAT!
Sure it was absolutely out of control, but people stepped it and it was so much fun.
There were 10x's more people than I ever expected. And although things did not go exactly how I had expected it was really really fun for everyone.
At the end of the night Seth, one of the Pastors, busted out multi-age group game of Noodle Hockey (a mid-west fav.). Which was hilarious to watch.
The atmosphere was just really joyful. And although I am exhausted right now, it was a very life giving and enjoyable, though out of control, night.
At the end of the carnival the youth group and church had a cake and presents for me.
I do not think I have every had a cake with my name on it...so that was cool.
I have decided that I am really sad to leave.
A 2 month internship is we rid...because just as you finally feel comfortable and like you know people and how things work it is time to leave.
Lame.
I will miss this town, RCHP, my house in NJ, the family (and even loud noisy dogs) I have been living with, the people at RCHP....well a lot of things....it is just like a different world and I know that I am going back to the same country but I will feel the same culture shock I felt when I came here when I go home tomorrow..
I will elaborate more about the things this place has taught me later when I have more time to think and process..as well as pictures from the craziness tonight.
I have to go pack.
-Michelle
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment